* 2 large onions, chopped
* 3 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 lb. and 1/2 mushrooms, sliced
* 1/3 cup dry white wine (I used my remaining dry white port)
* 3 tbsp tamari sauce
* 2 tsp dried basil (or 2 tbsp fresh)
* 2 tsp dried dill leaves (or 2 tbsp fresh leaves)
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 3-4 zucchini or yellow squash, sliced 1 / 2 inches
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp cold water
* 3 cups grated feta cheese (use dry feta, not the pickled one)
* 6 eggs, slightly beaten
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 1/2 cup tomato juice
* 2/3 pound (2/3 of a package) lasagna
* 1/2 cup bread crumbs
* 1 tsp paprika
1) In a saucepan, saute the onions in 3 tbsp of oil until translucent. Add mushrooms and continue to cook for a few more minutes, mixing frequently. Mix in white wine sauce, tamari, herbs, salt and pepper and simmer over low heat, covered, stirring frequently, for about 15-20 minutes, until mushrooms are browned and have released their water.
2) Meanwhile, brush with oil the zucchini slices and cook 10 minutes in the preheated oven at 450F, uncovered, on an oiled baking sheet (without overlapping them).
3) When the mushrooms are cooked, remove from heat and pour in the cornstarch and water mixture. Return the pan to the fire for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until the mushroom mixture thickens. Reserve.
4) Combine feta cheese, eggs and pepper by mixing them in a medium sized bowl.
5) Assemble the lasagna: Cover the bottom of a 12-inch square baking dish (deep) of oil and 1 / 2 cup of tomato juice. Add a row of dried lasagne (yes they will !!!), baked 1 / 3 cup tomato juice, half the mushroom mixture, all the zucchini slices and all the crumbs. Continue with a row of 1 / 3 cup tomato juice, the remaining noodles, remaining tomato juice, the remaining mushroom mixture and feta cheese / eggs.
6) Sprinkle the paprika on the top layer and cook the lasagna in a preheated oven, to 350 F for 45 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Once cooked, take the pan out of the oven and wait 5 to 10 minutes before serving.