* 1 pack precooked lasagna noodles
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 clove garlic, crushed
* 1/2 lb. ground beef
* 10 oz. white or red beans, canned
* 1 lb. peeled red tomatoes, pureed
* paprika, cumin, hot chili flakes
* 2 tablespoons tomato paste
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
* 1 pinch dried oregano
* A pinch of sugar
* 6 oz ricotta
* 1 lb. grated orange cheddar cheese
* 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 egg white
* Salt and pepper
1) Heat up the oil in a skillet.
2) Stir in onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.
3) Add the meat, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, 2 tsp basil, oregano, sugar, a little paprika, cumin and pepper. Mix and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens.
4) Transfer half the mixture into the lasagna pan you will be using, and spread evenly as the first layer.
5) Cover with a layer of lasagna noodles.
6) Cover with remaining meat, then again with a layer of lasagna noodles to finish.
7) In the food processor bowl, mix together the ricotta, grated mozzarella cheese and the egg white.
8) In the food processor bowl, mix together the ricotta, grated mozzarella cheese and the egg white. Spread this dairy mixture over the last layer of noodles as evenly as you can.
9) Sprinkle over with some Parmesan cheese and add the remaining basil. Bake 45 minutes at 300 °F.