* 3 tbsp. olive oil
* 2 lb. Italian sausages, mild or hot, cleared out of their tube
* 1 can of 28 ounces meatless spaghetti sauce
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 12 lasagna noodles
* 1 lb. ricotta cheese, drained if necessary or ricotta cream
* 2 eggs
* 1 lb. grated mozzarella
* Heat oil over medium heat in a large heavy skillet. Cook the sausages, breaking them up with your fork, until the brown. Discard liquid fat. Pour spaghetti sauce and garlic and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
* Cook the pasta until half cooked. Drain, but do not rinse. Spread the lasagna noodles flat on wax paper.Step 2 - Mix the ricotta and eggs
* Pour the eggs and the ricotta in a food processor or blender. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely homogenous. If the ricotta you bought is already cream ricotta, simply beat the eggs and mix them with cheese in a bowl.Step 3 - Putting your lasagna together
* To assemble the lasagna, pour 1 cup of meat sauce at the bottom of a lasagna deep baking dish 9 x 13 inches. Cover with a layer of pasta, half the ricotta base unit, a third of the sausage meat sauce and the remaining third of the mozzarella. Continue the process until all the ingredients are used. (At this point, the assembled lasagna in the pan can be refrigerated or frozen, but cover it well. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave oven before completing the steps outlined here. Remove dish from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking.) Bake uncovered in a preheated oven at 350 ° F, 30 to 45 minutes or until sauce bubbles around the edge of the dish.Buon appetito!