* 12 lasagna noodles
* 6 zucchini
* 8 thick slices of ham
* 1 cup of half-half cream
* 1 cup milk
* 1 big Camembert (or Brie) cheese wheel
* freshly ground black pepper
1) Cut the zucchini to strips and steam them for 8 to 10 minutes in order to try to keep them firm (I personally do this in the microwave in a dish covered with pierced plastic wrap). Add salt and pepper.
2) Preheat oven to 350 ˚F. Remove the Camembert's top crust and cut the whole cheese into small cubes. Cut the ham in strips. Bring the milk and cream to a simmer and add the camembert cheese, the pepper and a pinch of nutmeg. Stir over low heat until the Camembert has completely melted.
3) Line the bottom of the lasagna dish with lasagna noodles; after this alternate layers of ham, zucchini, cheese sauce and lasagna pasta. Top the last layer of this lasagna, covered with melted camembert cream. Place a few butter knobs and bake for 35 minutes.
Serve with a plate of chopped romaine lettuce salad with garlic and balsamic vinegar, sprinkled with parmesan cheese and this meal will be complete...