This lasagna recipe uses veal as an alternative choice of meat compared to the other meat lasagna recipes presented in this section of the site. This lasagna recipe is also somewhat simple and easy to make, while retaining many healthy vegetables, thus making this a great lasagna recipe for kids, as it is a healthier dish!
* 1 lb. lean ground veal
* 16 oz. lasagna noodles pack
* 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
* 1 yellow onion, chopped
* 1 green bell pepper, diced
* 1 stalk celery, chopped
* 1 zucchini, diced
* 1 teaspoon butter
* 4 cups white sauce, homemade or ready-made
* 1 lb. grated mozzarella cheese
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
* Pinch of cloves
* Salt, pepper and paprika
1) Pour the oil in a skillet and heat it up over medium heat. Add onion, peppers, celery and zucchini. Salt and pepper. Fry for 8 to 10 minutes over medium-low heat.
2) Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add veal and sauté a few minutes to brown the meat. Drain the cooked veal and add it to the vegetables we did in step 1; pour the parmesan cheese in as well.
3) Add the spices, then 1 cup of the white sauce. Add salt and pepper and simmer for 3-4 minutes over low heat.
4) Preheat oven to 375 °F; boil the lasagna noodles for 8 minutes, do not cook them completely.
5) Grease the lasagna pan you will be using; line the bottom of the pan with a layer of lasagne. Cover with a layer of meat mixture. Sprinkle evenly some mozzarella cheese, then arrange another of lasagna noodles. Ladle some of the white sauce over the noodles. Continue arranging this lasagna by alternating layers of lasagna, meat, cheese and sauce. Finish with a layer of lasagna noodles. Spread the remaining white sauce over the last noodle layer; sprinkle with remaining cheese on top. Season with pepper.
6) Bake in oven from about 30 minutes, or until a nice crispy cheese crust has formed on top.
Serve this healthy veal lasagna to your hungry guests...